Duelists Unite!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frog Plant Tengu Monarchs

+3
Moogle_Num
vaughmj1
knight2e5
7 posters

Go down

Frog Plant Tengu Monarchs Empty Frog Plant Tengu Monarchs

Post  knight2e5 Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 am

Having grown tired of running a forever incomplete Gravekeeper's Deck, I've decided to switch to something that incorporates neither: Frog Plant Tengu Everything Monarchs.

Still a Monarch Deck, the aim remains to get Treeborn in the Graveyard, +ing each turn, usually from Monarch plays. This Deck however also incorporates a Plant Engine and a set of Reborn Tengus. Both make the Deck more robust, placing less dependence on Treeborn Frog. The Plant engine also benefits from Fishborg Blaster's discarding effect, making Formula Synchron plays even better. Tengu promotes versatility and is just amazing.

Though I've not posted a Side Deck (it's not yet finished), the Side Deck strategy most usually turns the Deck into a fully fledged Frog Monarch Deck (siding in 2 Mobius, 2 Soul Exchange and Siding out the majority of the Plant Engine). This gets around much commonly played Side Deck hate (Rivalry of Warlords, Gozen Match, Royal Oppression, etc).

This Deck is sick.

28 Monsters
1 Light and Darkness Dragon
3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
3 Raiza the Storm Monarch
3 Swap Frog
2 Treeborn Frog
1 Fishborg Blaster
2 Lonefire Blossom
1 Dandylion
1 Glow-Up Bulb
1 Spore
3 Reborn Tengu
1 Genex Ally Birdman
1 Sangan
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Tragoedia
1 Battle Fader
2 Effect Veiler

12 Spells
2 Pot of Avarice
1 Dark Hole
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
1 One for One
1 Foolish Burial
3 Enemy Controller
2 Mystical Space Typhoon

15 Extra Deck
3 Formula Synchron
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Magical Android (T.G. Hyper Librarian)
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Mist Wurm (Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier)
1 Shooting Star Dragon

knight2e5

Back to top Go down

Frog Plant Tengu Monarchs Empty Re: Frog Plant Tengu Monarchs

Post  vaughmj1 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:36 am

nice deck, have you considered runing undine with genex controller? Summon undine send fishborg or treborn to grave and get controller to hand (a level 3 tuner 1400atk) which is usually discard fodder, and you should definitely run a 3rd pot of avarice, that shit is busted.
vaughmj1
vaughmj1
Admin
Admin

https://dunedin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moogle_Num Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:01 pm

love the look of that deck but i would go with cliff and cherries instead of frogs thought the frogs should work much better i love the fact u can make some people very angry when spamming the field with special summons

man turns out cliff has some very failing timing -.-
Moogle_Num
Moogle_Num

Back to top Go down

Post  knight2e5 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:32 am

vaughmj1 wrote:nice deck, have you considered runing undine with genex controller? Summon undine send fishborg or treborn to grave and get controller to hand (a level 3 tuner 1400atk) which is usually discard fodder, and you should definitely run a 3rd pot of avarice, that shit is busted.

I originally tried the deck with the Genex Engine (3 Undine, 2 Controller) but wasn't a fan. Though it is able to get Fishborg to the Graveyard more consistently I find the Engine a little bulky, slow and at times really annoying. Drawing into Controller just sucks. I replaced the with a set of Tengus which I absolutely LOVE.

Yeah I've been trying to think of how I might add another one in. I didn't want to draw into dead copies but you're right: It's so good.

HOW WAS CHRISTCHURCH???

Moogle_Num wrote:love the look of that deck but i would go with cliff and cherries instead of frogs thought the frogs should work much better i love the fact u can make some people very angry when spamming the field with special summons

man turns out cliff has some very failing timing -.-

Yeah timing sucks. Variations of the Deck are definitely viable though so you should try them out.

knight2e5

Back to top Go down

Post  vaughmj1 Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:38 am

[quote="knight2e5"]
vaughmj1 wrote:nice deck, have you considered runing undine with genex controller? Summon undine send fishborg or treborn to grave and get controller to hand (a level 3 tuner 1400atk) which is usually discard fodder, and you should definitely run a 3rd pot of avarice, that shit is busted.

I originally tried the deck with the Genex Engine (3 Undine, 2 Controller) but wasn't a fan. Though it is able to get Fishborg to the Graveyard more consistently I find the Engine a little bulky, slow and at times really annoying. Drawing into Controller just sucks. I replaced the with a set of Tengus which I absolutely LOVE.

Yeah I've been trying to think of how I might add another one in. I didn't want to draw into dead copies but you're right: It's so good.

HOW WAS CHRISTCHURCH???

Pretty awesome, but also pretty shit. The good = I got top 8 saturday, Hyun pwned Sunday. The shitty = both days didn't get enough time to finish the day so top 8 on sat split prizes, on sunday hyun had to split prize with another guy. Also the whole thing was poorly organized and there was definitely cheating going on, but I better no bitch on about that.

But overall the weekend was a lot of fun, it would have been sick if you could have made it.
vaughmj1
vaughmj1
Admin
Admin

https://dunedin.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew J Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:48 am

Yeah Sam Smith cheating, saying its 1-1 when really its 2-0 to me... so I play the third game and still win

Andrew J

Back to top Go down

Post  MacBackwards Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:35 am

I noticed there was cheating going on with reaf on saturday in the top 8 and game 5. at least i didnt cheat.
MacBackwards
MacBackwards

Back to top Go down

Post  junh Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:03 am

MacBackwards wrote:I noticed there was cheating going on with reaf on saturday in the top 8 and game 5. at least i didnt cheat.

.... cheating eh, I know few but I'm not going to say, because I'm sooo pissed that I can't go because I don't have an invite.
junh
junh

Back to top Go down

Post  junh Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 am

MacBackwards wrote:I noticed there was cheating going on with reaf on saturday in the top 8 and game 5. at least i didnt cheat.

Do you have an invite? If you ain't going, can I go instead? I will love you a lot.
junh
junh

Back to top Go down

Post  MacBackwards Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:11 am

sure junh go instead of me, when ur back in chch give me a random card form ur folder.
MacBackwards
MacBackwards

Back to top Go down

Post  knight2e5 Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:58 am

[quote="vaughmj1"]
knight2e5 wrote:

HOW WAS CHRISTCHURCH???

Pretty awesome, but also pretty shit. The good = I got top 8 saturday, Hyun pwned Sunday. The shitty = both days didn't get enough time to finish the day so top 8 on sat split prizes, on sunday hyun had to split prize with another guy. Also the whole thing was poorly organized and there was definitely cheating going on, but I better no bitch on about that.

But overall the weekend was a lot of fun, it would have been sick if you could have made it.

Wow, that's wicked! Well done!!! Playing Scraps? What did everyone end up playing/placing?

Sucks about the organisation. You'd think that if it's an event people travel to they'd get it together.

Sucks about the cheating too...

Would have been wicked to go. Ended up having stuff in Alex anyway. Haha, defs next year I think... Game will probs be insane by then.

Andrew J wrote:Yeah Sam Smith cheating, saying its 1-1 when really its 2-0 to me... so I play the third game and still win

That's just redic.

knight2e5

Back to top Go down

Post  junh Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 am

About the deck.

I think it's shit. It carries the weakness of the plant and the water syncho.

I can rate the deck but can't improve it. I can give you a game when I feel like playing yugi again.
junh
junh

Back to top Go down

Post  knight2e5 Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 am

junh wrote:About the deck.

I can rate the deck but can't improve it. I can give you a game when I feel like playing yugi again.

Weakness as in what? Can you be specific? So far the biggest has been the ease with which one can side against it. Rivalry destroys this Deck, Gozen hurts it, and it doesn't like Oppression.

knight2e5

Back to top Go down

Post  Moogle_Num Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:08 am

this deck is alsum i got shooting and trishula in the same turn wooo
Moogle_Num
Moogle_Num

Back to top Go down

Post  junh Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:12 am

knight2e5 wrote:
junh wrote:About the deck.

Weakness as in what? Can you be specific? So far the biggest has been the ease with which one can side against it. Rivalry destroys this Deck, Gozen hurts it, and it doesn't like Oppression.

Well, I used Water Syncho and I got pawned by a guy maining dimensional fissures.

Yugioh isn't really a theory-oh, so I can't really explain why, but I just don't like the deck.
junh
junh

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:54 am

because your a nub who gets owned by kids
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  junh Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:08 am

Tom wrote:because your a nub who gets owned by kids

A kid actually, and I will side 3 malevolent catastrophes.
junh
junh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down